- The Symptomatic Goal of Care is normalisation (pain is back to normal or better than normal).
- The Biomechanical Goal of Care is to change the usual pattern back to normal (1).
- No patients were imaged
- No serious spinal pathology was suspected.
- 25% of people presented with more than one painful MSK concern
An ‘early recovery’ was seen in any MSK concern with Fascia First Chiropractic in comparison with a Placebo measure for acute low back pain (Probability of Recovery Curve) (2).
Historical Recovery Times of Low Back Pain (3)
- Chiropractors in 1972 took 12.8 visits to resolve 80% of MSK pain cases
- Medical Doctors in 1972 took 7.3 visits to resolve 70% of MSK pain cases
- Radebold A, Cholewicki J, Panjabi MM and Patel TCh (2000) Muscle Response Pattern to Sudden Trunk Loading in Healthy Individuals and in Chronic Low Back Pain. Spine (25) 8 947-954
- Probability of Recovery Curve (2008) British Medical Journal 337 a171
- The Lancet 1972